Asheville: Director of Retail Operations
We are seeking a career-oriented, motivated, knowledgeable, and skilled individual to join our Senior Leadership Team as the Director of Retail Operations. If it is important to you to work with a professional team who does not compromise quality service at every level and understands that every customer should receive extraordinary care, then our organization’s core values align with yours.
The Director of Retail Operations will be responsible for the success of each of our retail store operations, including cross-department collaboration with Marketing, Finance, Retail Buyers, and Human Resources. The ideal Director of Retail Operations will be a skilled communicator and effective leader who can spur company growth, maintain key operational procedures, create sustainable processes and ensure day to day operational excellence, all while putting the customer first. The Director of Retail Operations will be a solutions-oriented, data-driven, people-first problem solver. They will have the capability to both uncover and solve operational issues. The Director of Retail Operations is a vital leadership role that will drive results, spur growth, increase efficiencies and, most importantly, cultivate an exceptional employee and customer experience. The Director of Retail Operations will serve as an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team and will naturally radiate the core values of our organization as well as a drive to deliver solutions that make a difference.
- Provide leadership to store managers that aligns with the company’s business plan and
overall strategic vision.
- Puts the customer at the center of absolutely everything they do – this is the most
valuable thing they bring to the table with their leadership role. They act as an ignitor of
customer-centric thinking in whatever team or department with which they collaborate.
- Assist Senior Leadership Team in creating, growing and building the region’s best
garden company to work for and do business.
- Drive company results from both an operational and financial perspective, working
closely with the CFO, CEO, CRO and other senior leadership team members.
- Partner with the CFO and CRO to achieve favorable financial results with respect to P&L
budgeting and oversight.
- Assist store managers in working within operating budgets.
- Create effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal
and external processes.
- Work with Senior Leadership Team members on budgeting, forecasting, and resource
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to create, implement and roll out plans for
operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and company policies –
all designed to foster growth, profitably, efficiencies, and improve the customer
- Foster a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping
employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures, and
- Motivate and encourage employees at all levels as one of the key leaders in the
company including but not limited to professional staff, management level employees,
and Senior Leadership Team members.
- Set the standard for effective implementation of product merchandising and store layout.
- Responsible for facility, vehicle and equipment image, and maintenance.
- Work closely with each Store Manager to assure quality control management for all plant
material at those locations.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Generous PTO
- Short and long term disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Retail discounts
- Professional development reimbursement plan
Work Location: 3377 Sweeten Creek Rd.
Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in related field
5 years of experience in multi relations locations
5 years of experience in direct retail operations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive commensurate with experience
B.B. Barns’ Core values
Create a positive work environment for the growth and success of employees and the company that focuses on teamwork and servant leadership.
Develop, supervise, and maintain a professional team of employees, trained in the correct procedures of outstanding customer service, product sales and inventory maintenance. Set the pace and example for achieving personal and business goals.
Maintain a customer service program that sets the company apart. Create and maintain a neat, clean, and well-organized shopping environment for our customers and staff.
Job Opportunities at B.B. Barns