Asheville: Receiving Assistant
We are looking for a Core Value driven Receiving Associate to receive, inspect and record shipments with raw material or products. You will be responsible for unloading packages and checking their contents to ensure they match the orders. A receiving associate must have a great eye for detail and basic math skills. They must have adequate physical strength to unload shipments as well as the clerical skills to update records and follow up with suppliers. The goal is to ensure we receive the correct packages and stock them appropriately.
● Collaborate with procurement staff to list expected deliveries
● Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt
● Unload packages from incoming trucks
● Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
● Verify packages according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, price etc.)
● Contact supplier or shipper if a mistake is identified
● Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving
● Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
● Ensure invoices are signed and paid for satisfactory deliveries
● Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
● Proven experience as receiving associate or similar position
● Experience in operating forklifts
● Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
● Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
● Basic math and recording abilities
● Excellent organizational skills
● Great communication and interpersonal abilities
● Keen eye for detail
● Good physical condition
● High school diploma
This job is a seasonal, full-time position.
B.B. Barns’ Core values
Create a positive work environment for the growth and success of employees and the company that focuses on teamwork and servant leadership.
Develop, supervise, and maintain a professional team of employees, trained in the correct procedures of outstanding customer service, product sales and inventory maintenance. Set the pace and example for achieving personal and business goals.
Maintain a customer service program that sets the company apart. Create and maintain a neat, clean, and well-organized shopping environment for our customers and staff.
Job Opportunities at B.B. Barns