Join the B.B. Barns Team
grow with us
Are you a team player, passionate about people, and focused on premier customer service through excellent, joyful communication? Are you enthusiastic about helping people succeed with their gardening projects or by installing a landscape project? If the answer is yes, then decide if you qualify for one of the available positions listed on this page. If you qualify, you can fill out a form by clicking the Join Our Team button or you can apply in person by visiting the B.B. Barns Garden Center. If we feel you qualify for a position, we will schedule a formal interview by appointment. We look forward to meeting our future team members.
We welcome anyone who is interested in joining our team to apply at anytime. We will review all applications and resumes and contact qualified applicants when an opening becomes available. Thank you for your interest.
Garden Center Positions
please fill out an application for future consideration
Landscape Services Positions
Customer Relationship Manager
We are currently seeking to hire a Landscape Design/Sales representative to join our team! Our design and sales team members are given the title of Customer Relationship Manager as we are a relationally-oriented company who values long-term relationships with our staff and our customers. We offer an incredible work environment, generous pay structure, and excellent benefits; all within an established and growing company in the beautiful Asheville, NC area.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers
- Engage and consult with customers on-site (mostly residential)
- Determine customer desires and develop an appropriate plan and proposal to satisfy the customer wants/needs
- Draft master landscape plans to communicate specific project needs and plant layouts as needed
- Create comprehensive job estimates utilizing our estimating system
- Present drawings and sell proposed projects to customers
- Manage the landscape installation process with customers and crews
- Maintain a high-level of communication with customers and all involved parties
- Ensure high standards of installation are met and customers are satisfied
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or related field
- 3+ years previous experience in the landscape design/build industry required
- Landscape/general horticultural knowledge required
- Landscape architecture and horticultural degree preferred
- Plant identification ability in zones 6-7 required (perennial experience helpful)
- Ability to develop landscape plans required
- Familiarity with estimating systems
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Ability to build rapport with clients
Landscape crew technician
We are presently seeking motivated Landscape Technicians.
It is our goal to attract excellent staff members–one of our company’s most valued assets. B.B. Barns Landscape Company has designed a compensation system intended to foster excellence. Pay levels are competitive and based on the applicant’s level of experience. Join a landscape team that is focused on design and installation of the highest quality and standards.
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Some landscape or horticultural experience preferred but not required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Be able to drive large trucks (standard and automatic transmission)
- Must be able to follow instructions and training from the crew leader
- Must be able to perform heavy and repeated lifting, stooping, climbing, bending and reaching and work fast and efficiently.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Job Type: Full-time
Garden Service Crew Technician
We are looking for experienced gardeners with a passion for plants and people. The position includes regular garden maintenance, IPM, planting, pruning, annual install and design, as well as customer service and client communication. Our team also handles basic irrigation, lighting, drainage and wood line management. Successful candidates will have expertise in horticultural maintenance and customer service in addition to experience operating a all manner of small equipment, driving a dump truck, and specialty hand tools. Applicants should be familiar with industry standards for plant care and garden maintenance.
- Have at least 3 years experience in the landscape industry
- Have a valid drivers license and clean driving record.
- Horticultural education is preferred but not required.
- NC Pesticide Applicators License preferred but not required.
- Job Type: Full-time