Columbia (Northeast): Annuals & Tropicals Manager
The Annuals & Tropicals Manager directs the daily operations including staff supervision and customer sales in the Annuals and Tropicals Departments with the goal of creating an atmosphere of teamwork, excellent customer service, maximum sales and profitability. The Annuals & Tropicals Manager will foster teamwork and communication with all the Annuals & Tropicals staff, developing and maintaining a team that is cohesive. The Annuals & Tropicals Manager will lead the concerted effort to help customers, to maintain and manage the inventory and to guide the overall operations of the Annuals and Tropicals Department to meet the financial goals and expectations. The Annuals & Tropicals Manager will practice daily check-ins with all team members, will direct the workflow, and will provide ongoing training in procedures and inventory.
- Merchandising, inventory and plant maintenance
- Layout: Organize, facilitate, and maintain seasonal changes in the Annuals
Department in coordination with the Centralized Buyer. Maintain a well-organized Annuals Department for inventory management and customer service.
- Receiving: In coordination with the receiving department, oversee all truck deliveries,
unloading, labeling, and quality control of all annuals deliveries.
- Pricing: Work with Centralized Buyers to maintain pricing policies for all
- Signage/Labeling: In coordination with the marketing department maintain a sign program for department, including but not limited to individual plant signs, banners, and promotional signage.
- Merchandising: In coordination with the Centralized Buyers direct the merchandising
needs of department products to achieve sales results based on sales goals.
- Maintenance: Coordinate plant maintenance program, including, but not limited to
watering needs, pruning, fertilization, weed control, and pest management.
- Quality Control: Ensure that all plants and products meet or exceed quality standards.
- Inventory Control: Assist Centralized Buyers with purchasing decisions to maintain correct inventory mix and levels according to goals for department. In the absence of or under the direction of the Centralized Buyer will place orders with existing vendors to maintain correct inventory mix and levels according to goals for department.
- Customer service: In partnership with Store Manager, develop and maintain a customer service program designed to increase sales, nurture customer relations, and set our company apart from all other retailers in the market. Respond to our customer services issues as the final representative of the departmen
- Employee Development: Professionally motivate, challenge, and develop recognition programs (coordinated with Human Resources) for individuals and teams to maximize sales, productivity and profit.
- Personnel Needs: Communicate with Store Manager about staffing needs and team schedule to facilitate all operational needs and customer service programs.
- Sales and Service: partner with Store Manager, direct sales training in the areas of customer service, product knowledge, added value selling and company standards. Coordinate and monitor daily activities of all department team members. Establish and maintain safety and security measures for the benefit of customers and team members
B.B. Barns’ Core values
Create a positive work environment for the growth and success of employees and the company that focuses on teamwork and servant leadership.
Develop, supervise, and maintain a professional team of employees, trained in the correct procedures of outstanding customer service, product sales and inventory maintenance. Set the pace and example for achieving personal and business goals.
Maintain a customer service program that sets the company apart. Create and maintain a neat, clean, and well-organized shopping environment for our customers and staff.
Job Opportunities at B.B. Barns