Columbia: Plant Installer
This position is responsible for carrying out basic landscape-related functions safely and efficiently on assigned properties. This position will support the crew to deliver a quality job on time, and will travel between both our Northeast and Irmo Columbia store locatins. Plant Installer is an entry-level position designed for individuals with limited experience in the landscape industry.
- Dependable; consistently arrives to work on time, responds to management
direction and commits to the required hours for job completion that will vary
based on weather/season.
- Performs all job-related tasks safely and efficiently and uses all tools and
equipment in accordance with company safety policy.
- Operates mechanized equipment as required, which may include gas-powered
shears, weed eater, stick edger, backpack blower, push mower, wheelbarrow,
- Performs assigned daily work per department requirements inclusive of: mowing, edging, trimming, planting, fertilizing, watering, detailing ornamental plant material, weed-eating, spraying or pulling weeds, clearing of hard surfaces, tree care, laying sod or masonry materials, digging, raking, and assisting in irrigation or masonry installation.
- Assists in loading and unloading equipment, tools, and supplies on trucks.
- Complies with the equipment preventative maintenance program and thoroughly cleans used equipment and stores in designated areas daily.
- Assists in keeping job sites, vehicles, trailers, warehouses and offices safe, clean
- Complies with all company policies, procedures and safety requirements,
especially in the handling of equipment.
- Works to assure quality and timely completion of all tasks assigned.
- Participates in training programs as required.
- Entry-level to 2 years of experience in landscape basics.
- Organized, hardworking, safety conscious, punctual, leads by example,
self-motivated, honest, and customer service-driven.
- Effectively communicates with others, with the ability to read and/or comprehend written and verbal instructions/information.
- Accountable; demonstrates dependability in attendance and timeliness, and
carefully follows directions and instructions provided.
- Is solution-oriented with the ability to apply feedback to improve performance.
- Able to safely work alone and display quality and thoroughness in work product.
- Team-focused; exhibits objectivity and openness to others, mitigates conflict and keeps emotions under control.
- Maintains a positive, responsive and flexible attitude.
- Able to follow plans as shown on a map of property.
- Maintains attention and concentration during dangerous tasks and while using equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to interact professionally with all customers, team members, and those from external organizations.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary and maintain a professional appearance
at all times while abiding by the uniform policy.
- Must have transportation and a valid state driver’s license
B.B. Barns’ Core values
Create a positive work environment for the growth and success of employees and the company that focuses on teamwork and servant leadership.
Develop, supervise, and maintain a professional team of employees, trained in the correct procedures of outstanding customer service, product sales and inventory maintenance. Set the pace and example for achieving personal and business goals.
Maintain a customer service program that sets the company apart. Create and maintain a neat, clean, and well-organized shopping environment for our customers and staff.
Job Opportunities at B.B. Barns