Columbia (Northeast): Receiving Manager
The Receiving Manager will oversee the unloading and processing of all shipments to B.B. Barns. Through coordination with the Store Manager, buyers and other managers, the Receiving Manager will direct the workflow of receiving team members to accomplish the unloading and processing. The position requires a proven attention to detail and organizational skills. All numbers of plants and products on invoices or shipping documents should match 100% of the time. The position requires the physical ability to be active all day, lift up to 40 lbs consistently, and work in all weather conditions. The position requires excellent communication skills, a calm demeanor, the ability to work in a fast paced environment, and teamwork.
- Coordinate and help unload all deliveries in a safe and efficient manner, both by hand and using a forklift.
- Clear and concise communication with all departments to coordinate the workflow of support staff for unloading of truck deliveries.
- Ensure that the counts of all received inventory are correct and communicate any discrepancies to the buyers and manager.
- Ensure that all received material is correctly tagged with labels while following all tagging and pricing procedures.
- Make sure that all tagged material is moved to corresponding sales areas for merchandising.
- Assist with all receiving paperwork.
- Restock shelves with newly received inventory, when possible, under the direction of the Store Manager and/or individual department managers.
- Clearly and concisely communicate with receiving staff on any discrepancies with orders or any damaged material, or any other information necessary for completion of duties.
- Clearly and concisely communicate with department staff about plant arrivals, plant maintenance needs, plant merchandising, or any other information necessary for completion of duties.
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones while on the sales floor.
- Greet customers when on the sales floor and assist whenever possible.
- Seasonally assist with merchandising plant material, consolidation of inventory, plant maintenance, and changes in layouts of tables, displays, and inventory.
- Maintain receiving department and surrounding retail areas in a clean, orderly, and safe manner.
- Assist with overall store and grounds maintenance as directed.
- Be aware of issues related to the health and safety of our customers and staff and take action to improve any problems.
- Coordinate and monitor daily activities of all receiving department team members.
- Redirect workflow of seasonal receiving personnel and other support personnel.
- Establish and maintain safety and security measures for the benefit of customers and staff.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and training of all department team members.
- Assist with all evaluation and reviews of all department team members.
B.B. Barns’ Core values
Create a positive work environment for the growth and success of employees and the company that focuses on teamwork and servant leadership.
Develop, supervise, and maintain a professional team of employees, trained in the correct procedures of outstanding customer service, product sales and inventory maintenance. Set the pace and example for achieving personal and business goals.
Maintain a customer service program that sets the company apart. Create and maintain a neat, clean, and well-organized shopping environment for our customers and staff.
Job Opportunities at B.B. Barns