When should I call a Garden Coach?
- I am new to the area and need to learn about the unfamiliar plants in my garden
- I am looking for just the right plant to fill that one hole in my landscape
- I want to change out my landscape to an easier to manage landscape by selecting lower-maintenance plants
- I need help to understand how to maintain and prune the shrubs in my garden
- I want to refresh my landscape with guidance on what to keep and what to remove
- I want a professional to help me with the locations for new plants that work for their ultimate sizes
- I want to enhance the garden for the time of the year I am here in the mountains
- I want to avoid costly mistakes of planting the wrong plants in the wrong place
- I seek to create a pollinator-friendly environment
- I need well-considered advice on do-it-myself garden projects
A Garden Coach is a great fit for those looking for just the right plants, design, and maintenance tips for their garden. Whether you want design tips, need to change your landscape for easier maintenance, want help knowing what to keep and remove, or want to avoid the costly mistake of planting the wrong plants in the wrong places, our professionals are here to help.
Meet your Garden Coaches:
Chas Fitzgerald (Asheville) holds a Master’s in Landscape Architecture and brings more than 30 years of experience to his clients at B.B. Barns. After spending more than two decades as a landscape architect in Texas, Chas comes to North Carolina with a passion for helping his clients create perfect outdoor spaces that celebrate our region’s natural beauty.
Meghan Gibbons (Asheville) grew up gardening: creating gardens at home since she was young, at schools, at urban farms and in hydroponic greenhouse gardens in her home state of New Jersey. She holds a degree from Warren Wilson College where she began working in our Landscaping Division and is now a Garden Coach passionate about helping locals incorporate native plants into their yards.
Bill Guess (Columbia) is a Columbia Native who has been a horticulturalist at the Botanical Gardens at Riverbanks Zoo, a container gardener at Fine Gardening, a foreman with Habersham Gardens in Atlanta, and a private gardener for several Lake Murray Homes, just to name a few. Bill’s specialty is creating spaces with landscape plants that thrive with minimal attention, and he loves talking with gardeners of every experience level about what will work for them.
will work for them.
- Garden Coach Services are $95.00 per hour
- Cost includes travel time to the site and the visit time
- Payment is due at the end of the visit